The Best Money You Will Ever Spend
Review of Resources from Perelandra
Mentors, processes, and products have come and gone in my long career (over 30 years) as a spiritual coach and healer. But, there is one company that I continue to go back to since the mid-1990s for mentoring, information, products, and tools. This company is Perelandra Ltd. I very much doubt that I would be in the position of wellness and happiness I am in today, if I hadn’t found Machaelle Small-Wright’s books, products, and website. So, I have no hesitation in sharing my treasure chest of resources from Perelandra.
My Introduction to Perelandra
I feel amazingly blessed that my early mentors were Indigenous Elders. One of the basic truths of any Indigenous Spiritual Discipline, as they shared with me, is that the teachings have to “grow corn.” Tools and information can’t just be entertaining, or even truthful. They have to be practical. Even the most adept, esoteric shaman journeys into the Spiritual Realms to get help for his/her people. There is no other reason to travel into non-ordinary reality. Too, a healer’s reputation, and whether they are supported by the community, totally is based on results. Was the problem solved? Was the person healed? If one’s work/teachings grow corn, then word-of-mouth referral occurs. Otherwise, nothing is said.
In order to bridge the gap between my mentors and my background, I looked around for someone in my every day world who understood what my Indigenous Elders taught me. I found that person in Machaelle Small-Wright through her book, Behaving As If the God in All Life Mattered. Here is a synopsis of the book:
Machaelle Small-Wright is a spiritual pioneer with the profound ability to “see” and “hear” the invisible forces of nature.
Her personal story is one of triumph, from a childhood of torment and isolation to discovery of her ability to communicate with the world of nature spirits and devas.
At “Perelandra,” her 45-acre private nature research center in Virginia, Machaelle devotes her life to understanding and demonstrating a new approach to ecological balance:
* The foundation and development of co-creative gardening
* The ecological effects of humans
* The roles of the animal, mineral and plant kingdoms
* Humankind’s unrealized custodianship of Planet Earth
A book beyond theory, Behaving as if the God in All Life Mattered will excite the minds and capture the hearts of all who dare to dream of a dynamic world of harmony and compassionate living.
Going Deeper into the Resources from Perelandra
I continued to read Machaelle’s books and finally started, MAP (Medical Assistance Program). Little did I know at the time I started reading MAP that the healing process in this book, Emergency MAP, would save my life. In 1999 I was in a work-related accident where I was electrocuted at work. Already half way down the “tunnel of light,” I whispered, “Put me in Emergency MAP.” As soon as I uttered these words, I felt as if I was wrapped in warm, healing energy. This lasted through the trip to the ER and well into the days it took to stabilize my body. After that, almost every day I spent some time in MAP. I give a lot of credit for my ability to move from bed to wheel chair to walker to walking to the MAP process. I can say this with a great deal of certainty, as I was pretty much written off by “Western medicine.”
Over the last 20 plus years, I literally have read every piece of information and used every product created by Perelandra. Here are some of the co-creative processes I’ve worked with:
- Growing my deck garden co-creatively with Nature, referencing The Garden Workbook
- Working with the management team at Bee Wild as we co-create our business with the bees, using Perelandra’s “SLG process”
- Continuing to increase my wellness, with MAP and the Perelandra “Pick Process” on a regular basis
- Writing my blogs, workshops, and ebooks, using the SLG process
- Supporting my housemate when he had a stroke with Emergency MAP and watching him improve his wellness and abilities with MAP
I mention the various books and tools as starting points for your exploration of the Perelandra website.
Paying It Forward
The resources from Perelandra grow corn for me, my family, my team, and my clients. Knowing:
- that in an emergency, I have effective resources
- that “my job” is to choose what I want to experience and that “Nature’s job” is to bring together the matter, means, people, and circumstances to bring me that experience has taken the pressure off and
- that I have a co-creative partner who already understands balance, manifesting, and resourcing
- that Perelandra’s flower essences continually have helped my nervous system improve, even though it was damaged during the electrocution
- that I can co-create anything my heart desires as a joyful adventure
has been an absolute gift. Paying forward this blessing is my gift to you.
The aerial photo we shared of Perelandra was taken by one of the staff members there. We’d like to thank everyone at Perelandra for sharing the beauty of the center with us.