Have You Given Your Power Away?
If you want to have power over people, what is one of the things you could control to make sure you maintained that power? What would average parents do to feed their children? What lengths would you go to if you were starving? If someone offered you “a solution to hunger” that fed you but ultimately killed you, your family, and others or destroyed the Planet, would you take the food? These are all questions that are in front of us, as Monsanto, their owners, fast food restaurant chains (whose Boards share members with Monsanto’s), and the U.S. Government collude to give Monsanto control over the food chain in the United States.
Not a New Story!
The Power Over Crowd (military/governmental/industrial complex) has demonstrated their disconnection from other people, Nature, and the Planet many times before. For example, in September 1962, Rachel Carson wrote the book, Silent Spring, where she:
documented detrimental effects of pesticides on the environment, particularly on birds. Carson accused the chemical industry of spreading disinformation, and public officials of accepting industry claims uncritically.
Please reread our series on Pollinators, GMOs, and pesticides at: http://188.8.131.52/~beewild1/wake-up-no-pollinators-no-food-part-1/ and http://beewild.buzz/wake-up-no-pollinators-no-food-part-2/. Doesn’t that sound like what is happening with respect to our bees and pollinators, as Monsanto insists its insecticide and GMO seeds are safe?
How Do We Stop Repeating this Pattern?
I encourage each and every one of you to help the pollinators win Bees vs Power Over Crowd. Please get educated about the effects of food quality on your health, on what will happen to your food if pollinators disappear from the planet. A dear friend, who is as concerned about people’s lack of awareness of these issues as I am, sent this list to her email pals. A good place for you to start helping the bees win their case is researching and better yet, ACTING. When you have read the following and supported the cause that inspires you, please send this post to your friends and family. A grassroots movement of those who care about real food, the planet, and mankind’s future can win this case!
- 37 million Bees found dead in Elmwood, Ontario, Canada, after large planting of GMO corn seed – http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/11739-gmo-bee-deaths.html
- A “bee positive” kickstarter project funding thru 7/27 – http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/870602323/bee-positive-help-repopulate-the-native-bee-popula?ref=live%C2%A0%E2%80%A6
- A kickstarter for hives and bee art at SEA-TAC funding thru 8/1 – http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/commonacre/flight-path-the-art-science-of-bees-at-sea-tac-air?ref=live%C2%A0%E2%80%A6
- Help make it happen for GA Honey bee Sanctuary on @indiegogo funding thru 8/23/2013 – http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/honey-bee-sanctuary
- Donate to: Save More Bees – Help Arvin Pierce on @indiegogo http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/save-more-bees-help-arvin-pierce #bees This guy is a true Saint!
We also share many articles and opportunities for action on GMOs, pesticides, and the bee population on our Facebook Fan Page.
We urge you to take your power back, get educated, participate, become an advocate for real food for your family, and vote with your dollars. Help our pollinators win the Bees vs Power Over Crowd case!